ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <>
Subject Re: Weird observation with echoxml w.r.t. order of node text
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 17:16:11 GMT
Parag Doke schrieb am 08.04.2011 um 21:40 (+0530):
> Hello ant experts.
> I am trying to use the echoxml task in ant (1.7 / 1.8) but have
> observed a weird thing about the node text.

> Notice that the "text outside the child node" appears before the child
> node itself, though it was after the child node in the original input
> to echoxml task.

Confirmed using Ant 1.8.2. And it skips comment and processing
instruction nodes.

<child>text inside the child node</child>
text outside the child node
<!-- jaja -->
<?bla txt="Blubbel"?>

> My actual intent was to generate a tiny XHTML page.With the order
> uncertain, I don't know how to go about it.

Use a proper technology, like XSLT, the bloody best tool for XML
manipulation. (Unless you're dealing with absurdly large XML files,
of course. But even then, there are XSLT solutions.)

Michael Ludwig

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message