ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to reference a custom type via refid?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 13:56:15 GMT
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:12 AM, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:
> You may want to override this default method to do some extra checks,
> for instance to throw exceptions if the build file writer uses both refid
> and other attributes or nested elements.

Indeed. I've always thought this is one of the wrinkles of Ant, and
that this should be transparent to task writers, dealt with in the
framework. Would also serve users since they could then use refid's
inside any task, as nested elements, and even perhaps as attributes
with a little naming convention. Maybe one day ;) --DD