ant-user mailing list archives

From Alex Sherwin <alex.sher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant http task, fully featured, apache 2.0 licnesed released
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:06:30 GMT
I forgot to mention the biggest one for me, is that I set it up to
allow you to configure a JKS keystore in the task to use when
connecting over HTTPS for TLS/SSL certificate validation...

So you don't have to use the JVM options to set a JVM-wide trust store :)

2011/3/15 Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>:
> Really nice work Alex. This was one of the missing ant task I wanted to get time to develop.
This looks great and I'm looking forward to actually use it.

> Nicolas
>

> Le 15 mars 2011 à 12:49, Alex Sherwin a écrit :
>
>> After years of using half baked solutions from other libraries which
>> are now old, defunct or just plain don't work..  I've finally bit the
>> bullet and created a nice, easy to use and unencumbered ant http task.
>>
>> It is Apache 2.0 licensed and has the following things going for it:
>>
>> Easy to use
>> No third party library dependencies
>> BASIC authentication support
>> HTTP header support
>> GET, PUT, POST, HEAD, TRACE, OPTIONS and DELETE methods supported
>> Query parameters can be set via XML nodes (or in the URL of course)
>> Request entity can be set in-line (e.g. <![CDATA []]> block) or through a file
>> Flexible log/print options
>> Flexible error checking options (you can define the expected response
>> status code, and if to fail on an unexpected code)
>>
>> The build process is *not* maven dependent, which means if someone
>> wants to fix/patch/extend the task they can easily check out the
>> self-contained eclipse project and simply run "ant dist" to create a
>> full distribution with documentation, binaries and source.
>>
>> Announcement: http://missinglinkcode.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/apache-ant-http-task
>> Google code project: http://code.google.com/p/missing-link/
>>
>> --
>> Alexander Sherwin