ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on Clearcase task - ccupdate
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:35:14 GMT
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Savoy, Melinda
<MelindaSavoy@texashealth.org> wrote:
> I have an ANT script that is being used to update the CLEARCASE view that was created
by a former employee.
> The ANT script that I am using has been working for years.
> Yesterday I executed the BUILD.XML ANT script and I got a PERMISSION DENIED error.
> I am very new to ANT and cannot find where the problem is.
> The only thing that has changed on this Windows 2003 server is that windows patches were
applied. My question is, what do I need look at in order to correct this error or find out
why permissions are now an issue.
> [...] <ccupdate viewpath="${basedir}/.." graphical="true"/>

<ccupdate> is likely just a wrapper task forking the native ClearCase
client with appropriate option, so you need to troubleshoot the issue
independently of Ant, as it likely as nothing to do with this.

Run an in verbose or debug mode, which will show you exactly what
ClearCase commands are being issued, and run those by hand at the
command line to replicate the issue outside Ant. Fix it, possibly
asking for help on ClearCase forum, and once fixed your Ant script
should work again I'm suspecting.

Hope this helps, --DD