ant-user mailing list archives

From Jon Svede <jsv...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to reference <path> elements in custom task
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:50:11 GMT
Hi,

I have a set of custom tasks that need to be able to load  dependencies from
<path> element. In my case my tasks may be  defined in <taskdef> declarations
or
via adding the jar file to  the $ANT_HOME/lib dir.

This is what I want to have in the build.xml file:

<path name="some.path">
    <pathelement location="some/local/dir/my.jar"/>
</path>

<target name="mytarget">
    <someCustomTask classpathref="some.path"/>
</target>

In this example the task someCustomTask needs to be able to have classes from
the path 'some.path' to be able to execute.

I've been searching for examples or forum posts related to this but everything
I've found  isn't working.  Does anyone have a good explanation of this is done
or are there some docs on this?

Thanks in advance,

Jon