ant-user mailing list archives

From Panayotis Katsaloulis <panayo...@panayotis.com>
Subject Re: How to get the stack of targets, from inside a task?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:04:59 GMT

On 24 Φεβ 2011, at 4:52 μ.μ., Scot P. Floess wrote:

>> Well, since (due to dependencies) the same target can be called from different other
targets,
>> I am more interested on the actual stack of targets, which I believe could not be
found with XSLT...

> No, you can definitely do that with XSLTt...  You can easily build up a list of dependencies...
 I happened to have generated this in HTML, but you can just as easily have the XSLT generate
a properties file if you wanted...

> With XSLT you can select all targets with a depends attribute...  You can then iterate
over values found in the depends attribute and match on all targets whose name attribute is
from each value found in the depends...

> My point is, it is possible...
>
> If all you want is the list as you describe below - that should be simple in XSLT...
 Can help you off list if you want...

I am sorry, probably I didn't express myself correctly.
I mean I don't want to get the full list of dependencies.
I want to get the *actual* path of dependencies.

For example, if a target might be called (as a dependency) from two other targets, I want
to get only the target that actually called me, not every other target.

That is why I am talking with a "live" solution, from inside the task...