ant-user mailing list archives

From Vimil Saju <vimils...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dual Java Compilers/Replacement for antcontrib
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:58:46 GMT

> Actually, that's the conflict I was worried about. Jenkins
> allows me
> to specify both the Java version and the Ant version. I
> WANT to use
> the Java version specified in Hudson control panel and not
> whatever
> JAVA_HOME might be set to.

I see, Jenkins exposes JAVA_HOME variable which you can set as one of the properties passed
to the ant script. Jenkins actually has a section in the job configuration page where you
can pass properties to the ant script.

Say the property used in the ant script is java.home, then you will have to enter
java.home=${JAVA_HOME}

in this section.

Doing so should override whatever value is specified in the properties file for java.home
with the value configured for jenkins.

Here is a link to the variables that jenkins exposes

http://me.codingthings.com/hacks-tips-tricks/passing-hudson-environment-variables-as-parameters/