ant-user mailing list archives

From "Boris Hamanov" <bsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Ant ftp task “Could not date test remote file”
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:50:07 GMT
Hi guys!

I am using Ant ftp task to deploy my project files to a remote app server. Ant is not able
to detect the date of the remote file and it re-uploads all files every time.

When I start Ant in debug mode it says:

  [ftp] checking date for mailer.war  [ftp] Could not date test remote file: mailer.war assuming
out of date.The remote server is MS FTP (Windows Vista version) Ant version is 1.8.2; I use
commons-net-2.2 and jakarta-oro-2.0.8 (could not find newer version)

My ant task looks like this

  <!-- Deploy new and changed files -->  <target name="deploy" depends="package"
description="Deploy new and changed files">    <ftp server="localhost"          userid=""
password=""          action="send" depends="yes"          passive="true"          systemTypeKey="WINDOWS"
serverTimeZoneConfig="Europe/Sofia"          defaultDateFormatConfig="MMM dd yyyy" recentDateFormatConfig="MMM
dd HH:mm"          binary="true" retriesAllowed="3"          verbose="true">      <fileset
dir="${webapp.artefacts.path}"/>    </ftp>  </target>I read an article here:
Ant:The definitive guide that says I need a version of jakarta oro AFTER 2.0.8 to talk to
MS FTP servers, but it did not work too. I built jakarta-oro-2.1-dev-1 from SVN and used it,
but I got the same thing. No difference with the new library or without oro library at all.
I noticed that there is ant-apache-oro.jar in Ant lib. I tried to remove it too, no use. There
is ant-commons-net.jar too, but the ftp won't work without external commons-net-2.2.jar. Very
strange.

Please, can anyone help me with this? Any solution or any alternatives to the Ant ftp task?
Thanks!