ant-user mailing list archives

From bool <manohar.kod...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject project.createTask() not working with ant-1.8.2
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:29:38 GMT

createTask() method is throwing the following error with ant-1.8.2 while it
works perfectly with Ant 1.7.1.

import org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete;
Delete delete = (Delete) myProject.createTask("Delete");

jar:file:/myant/ant-1.8.2/lib/ant.jar!/org/apache/tools/ant/antlib.xml:37:
Problem: failed to create task or type componentdef
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

I tried to remove all componentdef stuff from
org/apache/tools/ant/antlib.xml and then it started working again.

Kindly let me know if there is a proper solution to this. And why this is
not working for me.