ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Mail task with mail.jar & activation.jar out of lib folder
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 05:30:58 GMT
On 1/19/11 9:46 PM, Michael Ludwig wrote:
> But I still haven't understood the underlying issue. What's so special about
> mail.jar that it needs special treatment?
It *could* be that instead of just using the classloader of mail.jar ...
to look for other classes of mail.jar or activation.jar it wants to have
these classes in the context classloader.

This is a conjecture, one would have to read the source code of mail.jar
to know for sure what is going on.

Just recently at work I developed a custom task which is instantiating
other classes which themselves use log4j and instantiate loggers.

What I ended up doing was adding a line in my code to make the
classloader where I am instantiating these custom classes from the
thread context classloader.

Otherwise log4j was saying that it did not find its own implementations.

> I noticed its MANIFEST.MF contains lots of checksums. Do they cause problems
> for additional classloaders defined in Ant?
The checksums can cause problems if there are other instances of
mail.jar in other classloaders.
>   Name: javax/mail/search/SearchTerm.class
>   SHA1-Digest: JveDH0FF1JcVa7wJL7mLJ48Vwd4=
Regards,

Antoine