ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rainer Noack" <>
Subject AW: sql task output suppressing a column
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:03:24 GMT
Hmm, sounds like a driver problem (jdbc vs. Native) , not an ant issue.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Laurence Mills-Gahl []
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2010 17:45
Betreff: sql task output suppressing a column

I am having difficulty with the results of a sql task not being the same as
the results from the sql query in the db environment and I am wondering if
anybody else has seen this behavior.

I have a sql task executing the following query:

FROM center INNER JOIN center_property c ON center.centerKey = c.centerKey
AND c.property_type = '_CODE'
LEFT OUTER JOIN center_property s ON center.centerKey = s.centerKey AND
s.property_type = '_STATUS'
WHERE center.parentCenterFK = 147
AND = 1

The 'center' table is joined to the 'center_property' table twice using the
property_type _CODE and _STATUS in order to get the values for the _CODE and
_STATUS. This query gives me the expected results from within the mysql
commandline tool and gui manager.
>From ant though, I get the code property value and the status property
value, but the column is always blank.

I have thought about the column 'name' being a reserved word but quoting the
column name or making it an alias works with the command line query, but
gives the same results via ant.

I have tried moving the sql to an external resource file as well as directly
in the build file and the output is no different.

I am stumped as to why the query would work, return the right number of
rows, but not show any result for the second column. All columns are string
types. (property_value is VARCHAR(255) and is

Does anybody have any ideas on where to look for the missing names?

Thank you.

Larry Mills-Gahl

To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional
commands, e-mail: