ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <sflo...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Set a default value to property.
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:05:47 GMT

Honestly, its quite possible I am remembering wrong...

I'm looking over some of my old code...it looks like I wanted to emit a
warning if overriding - its me...again ;)

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, Niklas Matthies wrote:

> I don't think this (emitting a warning) was ever the case. Setting and
> overriding defaults this way is one of the basic techniques in Ant. It
> should probably be made more explicit in the manual.
>
> -- Niklas Matthies
>

> On Tue 2010-11-30 at 14:30h, Scot P. Floess wrote on user:
>>
>> Actually, nothing at all...  I swear at one time I thought a warning was
>> emitted when doing that...  It was at that time I started using the
>> enclosed macrodef...  Perhaps I am just remembering wrong...
>>
>> On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, Niklas Matthies wrote:
>>
>>> How is this different from just
>>>
>>>    <property name="SomeProperty" value="Some Default Value"/>
>>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> -- Niklas Matthies

Scot P. Floess

RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)

Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
                            http://flossware.sourceforge.net
                            https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare

Chief Architect JPlate     http://sourceforge.net/projects/jplate