ant-user mailing list archives

From "Moore, Kent" <Kent.Mo...@fisglobal.com>
Subject RE: Windows authentication
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 16:18:21 GMT
This routine works for us to authenticate and copy to Windows machines -

        <exec executable="net">
            <arg line="use \\${deployment.server}\c$ /user:${deployment.server}\${login.id}
${login.password}"/>
        </exec>

        <delete dir="\\${deployment.server}/c$/auto-deploy"/>
        <copy todir="\\${deployment.server}/c$/auto-deploy">
            <fileset dir="${target.dir}">
                <include name="**"/>
            </fileset>
        </copy>

SKent
x8014

-----Original Message-----
From: Ludwig, Michael [mailto:Michael.Ludwig@delphi-mb.de]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 12:15 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Windows authentication

I want to deploy stuff to a server accessible only by its UNC path supplying a username and
password. This is usually done using Windows Explorer. I think this is called Windows Authentication,
or NTLM, or both - not sure.

What are my options using Java? Specifically, using Ant?

The clients I want to run my Ant script from are also Windows.

So far, I've found the following:

http://jcifs.samba.org/
http://www.luigidragone.com/networking/ntlm.html - from 2002

I'm not at all sure any of it is appropriate, so I'm looking for advice.

My current solution uses Explorer to handle authentication:

 <property name="share" value="\\192.168.111.222\bla"/>
 <exec executable="explorer">
   <arg value="${share}"/>
 </exec>
 <input message="Anmeldung an ${share} klar? Dann ENTER druecken!"/>
 <copy file="test.txt" todir="${share}"/>

This requires a Windows OS and a user. There might be something better.

--
Michael Ludwig

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.