ant-user mailing list archives

From jhoomshar...@netscape.net
Subject Exclude and Include folders
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:08:19 GMT

I want to include and exclude folders from directory listing, say I have  following folders:
Abc/workspace
Def/workspace
Ghi/workspace
Jkl/workspace
Mno/workspace

And so on
I want to generate a tar file for the above folders but wants to exclude all “workspace”
folders, I tried like this:

<tar destfile="archive_${KILLME}.tar" >
            <tarfileset dir="${base.dir}">
                <filename name="jobs/"/>
                <not>
                   <filename name="jobs/**/workspace/"/>
                </not>
            </tarfileset>
        </tar>

But it takes forever to generate tar file because each of “workspace” directory conatins
huge data and these are the folders I want to exclude in my tar file.
Any idea where I am wrong or any thoughts should I do to resolve this issue.