ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: how to build ant
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:36:15 GMT
  On 11/16/2010 9:24 AM, ramakanth varala wrote:
> I downloaded ant-1.8.1 trying to build it in fedora o.s
>
> I have junit*jar in my CLASSPATH.
>
> when i do<ANT_HOME>/ build.sh install-lite gives the following error
Hello Ramakanth,

You should run this command before building ant :

ant -Ddest=optional -f fetch.xml

This command will download the library dependencies of ant and copy them
into the "lib/optional" directory.

This web page http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#buildingant is
our reference concerning building ant.

It says this "As of version 1.7.0 Ant has a hard dependency on JUnit.
The |fetch.xml| build script will download JUnit automatically, but if
you don't use this you must install it manually into |lib/optional|
(download it from JUnit.org <http://junit.org/>) if you are using a
source distribution of Ant."

Regards,

Antoine