ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to script database upgrade using ANT script
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 17:44:51 GMT
On 11/4/10 1:35 PM, Java Jboss wrote:

> Hi Antoine,
>
> Thank you for this update.  I am using a linux server.  I've been asked to do this in
ANT only.  Can you possibly provide me an example of how a similar process might be scripted
using ANT?

> As I have never used ANT or any other similar products before I am using Google for help.
I suggest that you start by reading the manual under
http://ant.apache.org/manual/ first.

You would start by writing a build file for your work looking like that

<project name="databaseupgrade">
<target name="all" depends="createdatabase,loaddump,runscripts"/>
<target name="init">
<property name="databasename" value="mynewdatabase"/>
</target>
<target name="createdatabase" depends="init">
<exec command="sh" failonerror="true">
<arg value="createdatabase.sh"/>
<arg value="${databasename}"/>
</exec>