ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Smith <eric225...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant.java.version set incorrectly
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:00:51 GMT
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 05:09:39PM +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Ant doesn't trust system properties and sets ant.java.version based on
> the classes it can load.  Ant thinks it is running on JDK 1.6 if it can
> find java.util.ServiceLoader which shouldn't be present if gcj really
> only support Java5.
>
> Is this causing trouble for you or is it just a cosmetic issue?  Ant's
> trunk will detect gcj by now (but not use that information much) so we
> could adapt the places where you are seeing problems right now.
>
> Stefan

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. The problem I'm running into is that Xerces-J
uses ant.java.version to set which source level to build. Without patching its build.xml,
I end up with this:

compile:
[copy] Copying 23 files to /var/tmp/paludis/build/dev-java-Xerces-J-2.10.0/work/xerces-2_10_0/build/classes
[xjavac] Compiling 704 source files to /var/tmp/paludis/build/dev-java-Xerces-J-2.10.0/work/xerces-2_10_0/build/classes
[xjavac] Compliance level '1.5' is incompatible with source level '1.6'. A compliance level
'1.6' or better is required

Correcting ant.java.version would probably be the best fix.

Eric