ant-user mailing list archives

From "Moore, Kent" <Kent.Mo...@fisglobal.com>
Subject RE: Proper way to translate list of jars from properties file into classpath
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:13:23 GMT
We define each reference in a single line of build.properties, then in
build.xml do an amalgamation of the references into different
patternsets which have different meanings.

That gives us the flexibility to use some references in the build time
classpath, but not include them in the war/ear, and the flexibility to
include references in the war/ear which are not part of the build time
classpath.

Sample script attached, hope it helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: KARR, DAVID (ATTSI) [mailto:dk068x@att.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:05 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Proper way to translate list of jars from properties file into
classpath

I have a property defined in my properties file that specifies a list of
jar files associated with a particular framework.  I'll need to
reference all of those jars any time I reference one of them, so I put
them in a single property.

It currently looks like this:

cxf-patches	= ${lib}/cxf-xjc-boolean-2.3.0.jar,\
		  ${lib}/cxf-xjc-bug671-2.3.0.jar,\
		  ${lib}/cxf-xjc-dv-2.3.0.jar,\
		  ${lib}/cxf-xjc-ts-2.3.0.jar

Where I've defined "lib" in my build.xml before this file is referenced
as "${basedir}/lib".

At this point, I'm not certain of the elements that I need to get these
jars properly referenced in a top-level path element so I can reference
it as the classpath for javac.  I imagine it involves using the
"filelist" element.

I tried this:

    <filelist id="cxfXjcPatch.jars.list" files="${cxf-patches}"/>

Then:

	<path id="build.classpath">
   	   <filelist refid="cxfXjcPatch.jars.list"/>
      </path>

This doesn't produce anything really useful.  It produces very odd
results in the final classpath.  I'm not going to bother listing it,
because I'm sure I'm doing something basically wrong here.