ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject Re: echo a property
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:32:13 GMT
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:15 AM, ritchie <> wrote:
>  I created  a java class to read that property from the properties file and
> then passed it on to another java class which does the deployment. I am not
> sure whether this is  a limitation in ant.

You can call it a limitation of sort, sure.

But there's an easy work-around. Instead of having a single property file with

have 3 property files,, etc.. containing
the un-suffixed eg (and co.) properties, and in the build file simply
<property file="${env}.properties" />.

This is the "Ant way" (tm) of doing this that doesn't require jumping
thry any hoops. --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message