ant-user mailing list archives

From Vimil Saju <vimils...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: echo a property
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 21:05:34 GMT
You will need to enable nested property expansion.ant-contrib has a Property Helper class to
expand nested properties. You will need to include this library in your ant class path and
also specify something similar to follows
	 <propertyhelper>	        <nested/>	 </propertyhelper>
--- On Wed, 10/27/10, ritchie <ganesh.devarajulu@baml.com> wrote:

From: ritchie <ganesh.devarajulu@baml.com>
Subject: Re: echo a property
To: user@ant.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 1:44 PM

I am sorry that was  a typo when i posted it. That was not the problem.

My properties file- new.properties contains.

prod.eg=1
dev.eg=2

I am trying to access these properties in a echo.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <project name= "echo" default="echoeg">
 <property name="env" value="${env}"/>
 <target name="echoeg" description="">
 <property file="new.properties"/>
 <echo message="${${env}.eg}"/> -----> does not work
 </target>
 </project>
>From command line i do this.
 ant -f echo.xml -Denv= prod

I expect the echo to display 1. It does not happen. How else can i access
that value?