ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Beard <jbea...@cs.mcgill.ca>
Subject access plugin dependencies and trigger downloading of dependencies with maven ant tasks
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 02:58:28 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to access plugin dependencies using
maven ant tasks. So, if you have something like the following in
pom.xml:

      <plugin>
        <version>1.4</version>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>bsf</groupId>
			<artifactId>bsf</artifactId>
			<version>2.4.0</version>
		</dependency>
        </dependencies>
     </plugin>

To read these plugin dependencies into a path in ant, like you can
with regular regular dependencies (those that are direct children of
the pom root element).

I was also wondering if it's possible to trigger downloading of
dependencies in a maven pom. It seems from the documentation that
maven ant tasks allows one to read dependencies in a pom into an ant
path or fileset, but it's not clear to me how to download them and
install them into the local repository from ant.

I'd appreciate any guidance anyone can offer. Thanks,

Jake