ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Giroux <mlgir...@gmail.com>
Subject Delete files from dir-1 where file name same as a file in dir-2
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:32:12 GMT
I have two source folders in my project.  On folder contains files
that are generated by the build, and a second folder contains our
hand-coded sources.   If cases where package and class names are the
same, we only want to include the sources from the hand-coded src
tree, so we need to delete corresponding files from the generated src
folder.

The script should
1. generate src
2. delete files from generated folder that have same package/class
names as files in the src tree
3. compile

I'm looking at the <delete> and <resources> descriptions, but so far,
not able to build a delete task that does what I need.  Reading the
docs, it looks like I should be able to accomplish this:

<delete dir="generated">
<restrict>
<intersect>
<fileset dir="generated/*.java"/>
<fileset dir="src/*.java"/>
</intersect>
</restrict>
</delete>

{{ syntax incomplete }}

Up to now, the delete is removing every file from the generated directory.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Michael