ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forked jvm exited abnormally
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 04:06:47 GMT
On 2010-09-08, Xu, Larry wrote:

> JUnit output:
> Testsuite: com.ebay.ice.kernel.unittest.AllTests
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0 sec

> Testcase: null took 0 sec
>                 Caused an ERROR
> Forked Java VM exited abnormally. Please note the time in the report does not reflect
the time until the VM exit.
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Forked Java VM exited abnormally. Please note the
time in the report does not reflect the time until the VM exit.

OK, this means the VM crashed somewhere inside the AllTests suite (which
likely is pretty big).

> Is there any way to get more detail log?

Not that easily.  When you fork a test Ant buffers all information
inside the forked VM and only emits it at the end - the loggers write
their information as part of the suiteFinished event and not earlier.

You can set showOutput to true to make sure anything that goes to
System.out/err is visible inside Ant's log, maybe there is something
useful.

If that doesn't help the best idea I can come up with is splitting the
test suite into smaller ones and/or inserting printlns until I know
which test causes the problem.

Stefan