ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AntClassLoader and the system classloadr.
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 04:27:00 GMT
On 2010-09-14, Rafael de F. Ferreira wrote:

> From a cursory inspection of org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader, it
> seems Ant only delegates to the system ClassLoader if the class being
> loaded belongs to a fixed set of packages[1].

No, Ant almost always delegates to the system classloader first.
AntClassLoader has a parentFirst option that can be used to make it look
into its own classes before delegating when set to false (it is true by
default).  The list of packages you've found are the packages that will
always be loaded from the system classloader even if parentFirst is
false.

> I've run into an issue with ant's classloading strategy. When I try to
> run a Java class with the <java> task, I get a ClassNotFoundException
> for com.sun.xml.internal.ws.spi.ProviderImpl.

Are you sure the class is available from the system classloader?

Stefan