ant-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mackley" <Aaron.Mack...@dtint.com>
Subject Trouble with <copy> and <DirSet>
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 21:40:03 GMT
I have a single file that needs to be copied into a random folder name.
I know the folder path except for the last folder, which will be called
xxxxxxxx.default, where xxxxxxxx is a random set of characters.

This may be easier than I am trying to make it, but I am trying to use a
DirSet within a Copy, like this:

                                <property name="firefox.dir"
value="${env.APPDATA}/Mozilla/FireFox/Profiles"/>

                                <copy todir="${firefox.dir}">

                                                <dirset
dir="${firefox.dir}">

                                                                <include
name="**/*.default"/>

                                                </dirset>

                                                <fileset
dir="${apps.dir}/Firefox">

                                                                <include
name="prefs.js"/>

                                                </fileset>

                                </copy>

I also tried a simple method like this:

                                <copy
file="${apps.dir}/Firefox/prefs.js"
todir="${env.APPDATA}/Mozilla/FireFox/Profiles/**.default"/>

But that didn't work either. I just got a copy error.

Is there an easier way to simply copy one file to a random folder or
even a set of folders with a DirSet?

Aaron Mackley   |  QA Engineering  |  Digital Technology International
| 801-853-5000  |  aaron.mackley@dtint.com
<mailto:aaron.mackley@dtint.com>

Transform profitably with our new Targeted Audience Solutions and DTI
Cloud. Get started at www.dtint.com
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\amackley\Application%20Data\Micro
soft\Signatures\www.dtint.com> .