ant-user mailing list archives

From Vimil Saju <vimils...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to convert WAR application into console application (Making Unicorn has console application)
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:31:51 GMT
Come on! ant does a lot of things, but asking ant to turn a webapp into a console app is asking
for too much. You need to see how the  application is structured, If there is a separate
business layer then jar all the business layer classes and then write a class with a main
method that invokes these business layer functions

--- On Fri, 8/20/10, Ranjith <ranjith.k@sedin.co.in> wrote:

From: Ranjith <ranjith.k@sedin.co.in>
Subject: How to convert WAR application into console application (Making Unicorn has console
application)
To: users@tomcat.apache.org, user@ant.apache.org, users@buildr.apache.org
Date: Friday, August 20, 2010, 4:49 AM

Hi all,
     Unicorn just provide a URI and push the button. It will call a series
of validation services and report the results.I have already downloaded and
installed Unicorn. To Download the source code it is only available for
download from the Mercurial repository. To download it, use the command "hg
clone https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/unicorn"

To compile Unicorn, Apache Ant and Ivy are required. From Unicorn's
directory, run: "ant retrieve generate_observer generate_tasklist
default_conf war"

It works fine in apache-tomcat, what I want is how to make the unicorn as
console application. The input should passed through command line arguments
and output should displayed at console itself I don`t want to use any web
server to deploy it.

--
Cheers,
Ranjith Kumar.K