ant-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ant-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: Conditional target problem
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:55:18 GMT
On Tue 2010-08-17 at 16:20h, Vimil Saju wrote on user:
> I know ant is supposed to be declarative language as opposed to a
> procedural one, but whats wrong with using the 'if' task provided
> with ant-contrib along with "ant-call" task?

AntCall effectively creates a new Ant instance. Properties and
references set within the call won't be visible after the call
returns, and targets executed before the call might be executed
again within the call. It's very different from having a target
as a dependency. Replacing one with the other has all sorts of
ramifications.

-- Niklas Matthies