ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bailey, Darragh" <>
Subject Including external class files in a compile?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 14:52:19 GMT

Have a component that needs classes from another component that currently only builds a war.

I know that these should really be split out into a separate jar, but that's not going to
happen straight away. Instead for the moment I want to be able to pick up these class files
and include them in another war.

Previously when I wanted to do that with some jar files at build time, I used the WhichResource
task to locate the correct jar based on the classes it provides, and then add it to the compile

That doesn't seem to work too well for classes as the whichresource task will attempt to unzip
the files to look inside and discards the ones that can't be unzipped, which basically results
in it ignoreing any class files.

What's the best way to have Ant pick up these external class files and make them available
on the classpath when compiling the current project?

Darragh Bailey

Systems Software Engineer
Hewlett Packard Galway Ltd.

Postal Address:    Hewlett Packard Galway Limited, Ballybrit Business Park, Galway
Registered Office: Hewlett Packard Galway Limited, 63-74 Sir John Rogerson's Quay Dublin 2
Registered Number: 361933

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message