ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Ant: want to copy a file if it exists
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:42:32 GMT

A great question!
i found 2 items that may help:

1)Javadoc for an Ant Resource:
http://www.docjar.com/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/types/Resource.html

2)The folks at Simon Fraser put together this user-friendly explanation
http://www.sfu.ca/cprost/docs/A%20Brief%20Overview%20of%20ANT.pdf

the way I classify a resource is any entity which is not a Java class
so an (ant) java class can be configured by a resource specifically
.properties

or a resource which is used to describe schema could be described and defined by a resource
specifically:
xml/xsd

or documents with or without associated view programmes described by a resource specifically:
pdf/doc

anyone?
Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Subject: RE: Ant: want to copy a file if it exists
> Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:43:30 -0400
> From: eric.wood@thomsonreuters.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
>
> I was curious if resource collections were an option to use. To be honest, I have never
fully appreciated resources. Is there a good tutorial on resources in ANT?

is part of antcontrib that you can use to execute tasks conditionally