ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove duplicate JAR file names from an XML file
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 22:00:39 GMT
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Rao Chaudhri <rchaudhri@1fbusa.com> wrote:
> I have an xml file which lists JAR file names in it with space specified as a delimiter.
There are duplications of JAR files name in the file and I was wondering if there is a way
to some how get ride of the duplication, to get a file which has a unique set of JAR file
names?

> Example of file:
>
> temp.xml:
>
> antlr-2.7.6.jar antlr-2.7.6.jar antlr-2.7.6.jar aopalliance-1.0.jar aopalliance-1.0.jar
aopalliance-1.0.jar commons-validator-1.0.2.jar commons-validator-1.0.2.jar commons-lang-2.2.jar
commons-lang-2.2.jar

I'm confused since you really didn't specify exactly what it is:

* Can you show some of the structure of the XML file, so I can look at
what has to
  be parsed.
* Is this a generated list at build time, or is this something that is
checked into
  your repository?
* If this is a generated list at build time, exactly where are you
getting the information
  for this XML?

This will help me understand the possible issues involved. It would be
better if we could correct the duplication before they were put into
the XML file instead of parsing them out afterwards.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com