ant-user mailing list archives

From Hille <dhilb...@gmx.de>
Subject Strange "toString"-behaviour on string resources
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:24:10 GMT
Running the following build file against ant 1.7.1

<project default="ant-test">
   <target name="ant-test" >
     <resources id="A">
         <string value="a"/>
         <string value="b"/>
     </resources>
     <echo>
       A:     ${toString:A}           = a;b
       union: ${toString:union}           = a;b
       A:     ${toString:A}           = a;b
     </echo>
   </target>
</project>

I'd exspect s.th. along the lines of

ant-test:
      [echo]
      [echo]       A:     a;b           = a;b
      [echo]       union: a;b           = a;b
      [echo]       A:     a;b           = a;b
      [echo]

however I got (note the missing "a;b" after the first "A:")

ant-test:
      [echo]
      [echo]       A:                = a;b
      [echo]       union: a;b           = a;b
      [echo]       A:     a;b           = a;b
      [echo]

This happens on Win2K running the binary dist of ant 1.7.1 or 1.8.1
(both show the above result).

I do not think this is an ant bug, but rather me misunderstanding some
ant concepts. Just in case, I didi search the bug database for
"toString" without getting an appropriate hit.

Can somebody tell me why my expectations are incorrect, please?

Hille.