ant-user mailing list archives

From "anindya.mukherjee" <anindya.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Reusing property values in a properties file
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2010 02:38:22 GMT

I am using ant in my project as follows. I have templates of all environment
files in our application.
These templates have properties with placeholders in them like ->
DB_SERVER=@DB_SERVER@
For each environment we have a properties file. Like for dev we have
dev.properties. This contains the actual value of the property like ->
DB_SERVER=LNDB241
We call ant like this -> ant create -Denv=dev
The ant build file has this create task which uses the property values from
the properties file to fill in the templates.

Now the question is , there are several properties that I reuse in the
properties file. Like the directory name . Is there any way I can reuse the
properties in the properties file like ( I am doing ant build in windows
boxes ) ->

In dev.properties -->

USER_NAME=batuser
DB_USERNAME=$USER_NAME}