ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dick, Brian E." <Brian.D...@FMR.com>
Subject File list from remote server
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 04:18:40 GMT
Hi,

The ftp protocol is no longer allowed in our computing environment,
because ftp uses clear text usernames/passwords. So, I have to rewrite
our ant scripts to use the scp task rather than the ftp task. However,
there are two attributes of the ftp task that I cannot seem to replicate
with scp. First, we use depends="yes" to avoid transferring files that
have not changed. Second, we use action="list" in conjunction with a
fileset to get a filtered list of files from the remote server.

Can anyone suggest how the function of these two ftp attributes can be
replicated with scp or some other ant tasks?

Later,
Brian