ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: property passed via ant to build file not being set
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 06:10:49 GMT
Hello Eric,

looks really strange!

What is the value of label in the wrong case?

Do both tests use the same versions of your buildfiles?
(I echo the CVS version of my buildfiles)

Maybe label is set by cc to the value ${label}, so {label} is not an indicator that label
is not set, but
the value is exactly ${label}. This happens when you use ant or antcall and set values to
unset properties.
But you overwrite label...

${dir.webmethods} - is this property set correctly inside cc?
Otherwise you call a different ant file.

Regards Juergen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Eric Fetzer [mailto:elstonkers@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. Juli 2010 00:06
An: Ant Users
Betreff: property passed via ant to build file not being set

OK, I am totally stumped!  I have some behavior that works correctly when I call
from the command line, but differently when cruise control calls it.  I don't
understand.  Here's the skinny:

1)  cc calls my build.xml file
2)  my build file calls another build file
3)  the other build file calls another build file like this:

      <echo>The label I'm going to pass is ${st.label}</echo>
      <ant antfile="${dir.webmethods}/IntegrationServer/build/jcode.xml"
dir="${dir.webmethods}/IntegrationServer/build"
output="${log.webmethods.jcode}">
        <property name="label" value="${st.label}"/>
        <property name="checkoutbylabel" value="true"/>
        <property name="include.nwcg_adapter_connections"
value="${include.nwcg_adapter_connections}"/>
      </ant>

4) note that the echo statement produces the correct label
5) the first thing the jcode.xml file puts out is a echo:

    <echo message="label is ${label}"/>

6) and label is set to "build.1"

Now when this exact same build process is called directly from ant rather than
cc, label is correct in jcode.xml.  Anybody have any clue what's going on here.

Thanks,
Eric