ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Constructing patterns for use in fileset includes
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:57:18 GMT

On Jun 30, 2010, at 6:24 AM, Bailey, Darragh wrote:

> Is it possible to take the contents of a property and modify each item within the property
to append a wildcard in order to turn them into patterns that can be used within <fileset
dir="..." includes="${patternproperty}" /> ?

> property1 = string1,string2,string3,string4
>
> And patternproperty is constructed based on property1 to result in:
> patternproperty = string1*,string2*,string3*,string4*
>

> All of the filters appear to be line based, although replaceregex in the tokenfilter
might work for me if I can construct the appropriate regular expression.

> Outside of that all I can think of is use of exec or apply on to call some shell script
to do the manipulation and set an output property.

> It seems that manipulation of properties is not something that's supported by Ant and
I'll have to go to antcontrib for that or am I missing any other options?

You're in luck.  I would recommend using antcontrib:for to iterate over a <tokens> resourcecollection
built from your property + the new <augment> task.  See http://markmail.org/thread/4qskrvmiyk6qpjdg
for a discussion of a similar strategy for another problem.

HTH,
Matt