ant-user mailing list archives

From Alex Foreman <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Re: Problem with version of Apache Ant 1.8.1
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:22:54 GMT
HI,

Thanks for your input.  What had actually happened is that I generated
a Source jar (ant.src.jar)  and placed it next to ant.jar inorder that
eclipse could attach the source intellegently.

I did not realise that this included the versions.txt file which has
not been instrumented.
Tor some reason this is in a different classpath order in windows
compared to linux which is confusing.  OS specific, not Ants fault as
far as I can tell.

I am regenerating the src file to nly include the java files.

Is there any chance ant could include a src jar as part of the binary
distribution or am I always going to have to generate this file
myself.

Again thanks for the replies.

On 15 June 2010 14:21, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
> I get
>> ant -version
> Apache Ant version 1.8.1 compiled on April 30 2010
> on linux.
>
> Peter
>

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Alex Foreman
> <Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com> wrote:
>> There seems to be a problem with 1.8.1 reporting the correct version.
>>
>> With Ant 1.8.0 on the classpath:
>>
>> unix:
>>>  ant -version
>> Apache Ant version 1.8.0 compiled on February 1 2010
>> windows:
>> C:\>  ant -version
>> Apache Ant version 1.8.0 compiled on February 1 2010
>>
>> With Ant 1.8.1:
>> unix:
>>>  ant -version
>> Apache Ant version ${project.version} compiled on ${TODAY}
>> windows:
>> C:\>  ant -version
>> Apache Ant version 1.8.0 compiled on April 20 2010
>>
>> Can this be verified as a bug?  Is there an easy way to fix this?
>>
>> Note these are being loaded from the same place on a drive visable to
>> both machines.  So they are the same binaries that is being called.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>

>> --
>> Alex Foreman

Alex Foreman