ant-user mailing list archives

From Steven Harms <steven.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to get Ant + JUnit working peaceably
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2010 01:13:04 GMT
Shawn,

Thanks for your suggestions and for your prompt reply.

> The junit jar is responsible for junit itself, NOT the ability to run junit from ant.
 In order to run junit > from ant, you also need the ant-junit.jar in the $ANTHOME/lib
directory.  This should be part of
> the normal installation of ant so I am not sure why it isn't working for you.

I can confirm that ant-junit.jar is present:

$ pwd
/usr/local/apache-ant-1.8.0/lib
$ ls -l ant-junit.jar
-rw-r--r--  1 stharms  everyone  12736 May  2 11:10 ant-junit.jar

Here are the jar's contents:

jar tf ant-junit.jar |more
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
org/
org/apache/
org/apache/tools/
org/apache/tools/ant/
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/xsl/
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/xsl/junit-frames.xsl
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/xsl/junit-noframes.xsl

> Since you are new to java, you may not know that you can open up any jar with a zip tool,
like Winzip or winrar.  I do this a lot to inspect the contents of the jar.  If you open
up ant-junit.jar, you will see that the org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask
class is inside.

Notably, in my installation that /isn't/ present!  That would explain
the error, the question would be how do I fix my install?  I've been
using ant pretty successfully to do work-based projects.  Should I try
to re-build and re-configure the source?

Steven