ant-user mailing list archives

From Dean Schulze <dean_w_schu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Need cross platform way of assigning users name to a property
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:25:01 GMT
My build.xml starts with the following lines:

<property environment="env"/>
<property name="user.username.dir" value="user/${env.USERNAME}"/>
<import file="${user.username.dir}/build.local.xml" optional="true"/>

This imports a build.local.xml file that holds machine-specific properties for each developer.

The problem is that this does not work on UNIX because the username is in env.USER in unix.
I need a cross-platform way to assign a user.name property in Ant.

This has to be done at the top of the build.xml so that the <import ... /> is done before
any other property assignments (the properties in build.local.xml are used if build.local.xml
exists).  This means that the user.name property can't be assigned in a target so the condition
statement is useless here.

Is there some way that I can read the username from the environment in a cross-platform way
given that it has to happen at the top of the script?