ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: subant task scans .svn folders
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 14:41:55 GMT
On 2010-06-09, bool wrote:

> Michael Ludwig-6 wrote:

>> Maybe worth trying with 1.8.1.

> Just tried this, but found that .svn folders are being scanned and opened.

In general, this shouldn't happen.  DirectoryScanner is supposed to see
that .svn/ dirs can never hold any included files - I'd expect
contentsExcluded to return false for the directories and thus avoid the
scan.

This sounds like a bug.

> Also I did not find any option to exclude certain directories patterns
> (**/.svn/**) when using subant task from ant documentation
> http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/subant.html

You don't do that at the task level but at the level of the nested
fileset.  Since your example uses defaultexcludes="true" and the default
excludes already contain **/.svn/** this shouldn't change anything.
Unless you have used the <defaultexcludes> task to modify the list of
patterns, that is.

Stefan