ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jar / zip task and duplicates
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 06:50:35 GMT
On 2010-06-18, Knuplesch, Juergen wrote:

> I want to create a jarfile out of sources with duplicate files.

> I want that all resources of a certain source (jarfile or fileset)
> independent from the timestamp go into the jar.

OK.

> If I do it in 2 steps and use update, the timestamp decides which file
> goes into the jar.

True.  update mode and duplicate entries don't mix well, if at all.

> If I do it in one step with duplicate="preserve", then there is no
> guarantee that the first file is handled first.

What is "the first"?  Can you wrap all resources (filesets, whatever)
that you add to your jar into a <sort> resource collection to enforce
the sort order you want?  I think Ant preserves the order of resources
returned by the underlying collections when creating the archives.

Stefan