ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Import projects into eclipse via ant task
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 02:57:46 GMT
Hi,

dbgtjp wrote:
> I am trying to automate the process of importing existing projects into
> eclipse. The user should just have to start eclipse, enter the workspace and
> all the required projects are already showing up there.
>
> Is there an ant task to achieve that, so that the user does not have to import the projects
manually?

In RAD (Rapid Application Developer), the custom version of Eclipse used
to develop for WebSphere there is such a task called
projectImport [1] . I do not know whether there is the equivalent for
plain eclipse. You may want to open this web page [2]
and contact the mailing list dealing specifically with ant support
within eclipse.
> This ant task would have to automate the process of starting eclipse,
> creating a workspace and importing some projects into this workspace.
>
> Is there a way to do this somehow via ant? Other suggestions to do that are
> welcome.

Ant4Eclipse [3] is a useful library, but I do not remember that they
offer this functionality.

Assuming that there is no existing ant task for plain eclipse to import
projects, this would be an interesting contribution which should
interest either eclipse itself or at least ant4eclipse or maybe both ?

If someone can step it and code it.

Automation could revolve around eclipse psf files (Project Sets),
importing a whole set of projects from the file system, or importing a
specific project.

Regards,

Antoine

[1]