ant-user mailing list archives

From Lewis Tsao <lt...@talk21.com>
Subject Setting multiple outputproperties
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:18:40 GMT
Hi all,

In one of my build setups, I need to run a program first which produces some output. From
this output I need to get multiple pieces of information to be used in later build steps:

For example:

<execute step1prog ...../>

step1prog produces lines of the form

something
blah blah info1 blah blah
more blah...
di blah di blah info2 di blah
more something

later on in my build steps I will need to do somelike

<execute step2prog -Dxxx=info1>

<execute step3prog -Dyyy=info2>

Is there a clever way of doing this, short of sending output from step1prog to a file and
parsing the file twice to get the 2 pieces of info.

I still have to learn how to tease info1 and info2 out of the output yet, but that's another
story.

Many thanks

Lewis