ant-user mailing list archives

From Susanne Wunsch <apache-...@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Subject Re: xmlvalidate with xmlcatalog
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 18:37:38 GMT
Hello Stefan,

Thanks again for the helpful hint.

Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> writes:

> On 2010-05-11, Susanne Wunsch <apache-ant@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:
>
>> How to use catalog entity with XML Schema?
>
> I must admit I've never tried that.  Looking at the documentation of
> <schemavalidate>[1] - which really just is <xmlvalidate> with sensible
> defaults for XSD validation - it says
>
> ,----
> | Note that nested catalogs are still used for lookup of the URLs given
> | as the sources of schema documents, so you can still delegate lookup
> | to a catalog, you just need to list all schema URIs and their URL
> | equivalents.
> `----

I tried the same task with <schemavalidate> instead of <xmlvalidate>,
but it didn't work with <xmlcatalog> integrated in <schemavalidate>.

Now, I use the nested element <schema> that looks for the namespace.  It
works without any external resolver. It's no OASIS catalog solution, but
that's ok for me. :-)

<schemavalidate file="${xml-file}.xml"
                classname="org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser">
  <schema namespace="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
    file="../DC/dc.xsd"/>
  <schema namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
    file="../xml.xsd"/>