ant-user mailing list archives

From Susanne Wunsch <>
Subject Re: xmlvalidate with xmlcatalog
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 05:57:43 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <> writes:

> On 2010-05-10, Susanne Wunsch <> wrote:
>> I try to use xmlcatalog within xmlvalidate, but ANT doesn't find a
>> resolver. I looked into the manual, but didn't find any idea for a
>> proper classpath in my environment. Any help would be appreciated.
> Ant's distribution doesn't contain the XML resolver itself, only the
> bridge code needed to use one.  In addition to ant-apache-resolver.jar
> you also need the resolver library of Apache XML Commons
> <>

Thanks for the link. Now the resolver is loaded, but the catalog
entities doesn't really fit.

How to use catalog entity with XML Schema?

I tried 'namespace' and 'schemaLocation' as PublicId, but it didn't

-- Debug messages -------------------------------------------------

Class loaded from parent loader
Apache resolver library found, xml-commons resolver will be used
Using catalogpath ''
resolveEntity: 'null': ''
No matching catalog entry found, parser will use: ''

-- ANT task -------------------------------------------------------

<xmlvalidate file="${xml-file}.xml" classname="org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser">
       <pathelement location="/usr/local/share/java/apache-ant/lib/ant-apache-resolver.jar"/>
     <entity publicId=""
  <attribute name="" value="true"/>
  <attribute name="" value="true"/>
  <attribute name="" value="true"/>