ant-user mailing list archives

From Panayotis Katsaloulis <>
Subject Escaped unicode properties problem under Mac
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 07:42:53 GMT
Hello all!

I am struggling for some time to find a solution, on how to properly load unicode escaped
properties with ant.
I have checked exactly the same files under  linux and work as expected, but I need this script
to work under Mac.
To demonstrate this problem, I have created the minimum build.xml and properties file, so
here it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project basedir="." default="test" name="unicodetest">
	<property file=""/>
	<target name="test">
		<echo message="${aproperty}" file="out"/>

This will create a new file, named "out" with the greek ALPHA-TONOS  letter:  ά

Unfortunately, under Mac it produces a "C0" character.

Any ideas?
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message