ant-user mailing list archives

From "Huditsch, Roman \(LNG-VIE\)" <>
Subject AW: using <xmlvalidate> task with XML Schema 1.1 and Saxon
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 13:03:55 GMT
Hi Stefan,

After reading the saxon documentation I tried to use the class
com.saxonica.jaxp.SchemaFactoryImpl directly for validation purposes

<xmlvalidate failonerror="no" warn="yes" classname="com.saxonica.jaxp.SchemaFactoryImpl"
	<property name="xsdversion" value="1.1"/>
	<fileset dir="${in}" includes="*.xml"/>

Now, he is complaining about finding the saxon licence file (which is present in the classpath).
So let's see, if that leads to a success...

As far as I understood the documentation saxon uses JAXP.

Mag. (FH) Roman Huditsch
 Teamleader XSLT-Development

Tel.: +43 (1) 534 52 - 1514
Fax: +43 (1) 534 52 - 146
Mobil: +43 (0)664 - 965 77 55

LexisNexis Verlag ARD Orac GmbH & Co KG
Marxergasse 25, 1030 Wien
FN 8333f, Handelsgericht Wien
-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Stefan Bodewig []
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2010 14:14
Betreff: Re: using <xmlvalidate> task with XML Schema 1.1 and Saxon

On 2010-05-06, Huditsch, Roman (LNG-VIE) <> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,

> Sorry, I forgot to include the ant output from the command line :(

> H:\Projekte\Stylesheets\LND\ZeitschriftenProduktion\build.xml:713: Could not start xml

Well, I don't know enough about saxon to be sure.  If
com.saxonica.Validate is indeed no implementation of one of the JAXP
parser types then the task cannot use them - it is built around JAXP's

If it is and Ant fails to recognize it, it may be a classloader issue.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: