ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FileNameMapper implementation gets invoked twice inside a <chainedmapper>
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 13:53:42 GMT
On 2010-05-03, Marco Faustinelli <marco_faustinelli@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have written a FileNameMapper that gets invoked during the run of a
> <copy> task. What puzzles me is that the mapper is invoked TWICE per
> each file handled by the copy task, whereas I request only ONE
> invocation.

I don't think Ant makes any guarantees about how often it may want to
invoke a mapper.

>From the top of my head - I'd have to look into the code to be sure -
the mapper is invoked once when Ant determines which files to copy at
all (to provide the target for timestamp comparisons) and once when the
file is actually copied.

Please note that it gets invoked during the "what needs to be copied
anyway" phase even for files that won't be copied later at all.

Stefan