ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Better alternative than using foreach, for and if/then/else?
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 03:39:07 GMT
On 2010-05-05, Bailey, Darragh <dbailey@hp.com> wrote:

> 1) Is for/foreach the only real option for what I'm attempting to
> accomplish here in building multiple end targets based on the contents
> of properties?

I'd recommend writing a custom task for this rather than trying to
implement it in XML.  Using Ant's support for scripting engines you
could implement that task inline - for example if compiling and
deploying a Java task as part of the build process was too difficult.

If you use Java6 you have all parts required to write tasks in
JavaScript together.

There may be tricks to make things work with pure XML and the antcontrib
tasks, but I'm not convinced the result will be maintainable.

Stefan