ant-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: ANT for dummies
Date Sun, 30 May 2010 19:28:00 GMT
As the manual says, the details of the short story are available in the
rest of the document. In particular, most of the list items in the short
story have a link that leads you to details about that step. If you want
to know what dest=system represents (many don't and describing it would
just be noise for them), then follow the link on that list item[1].

The fetch.xml has been around a while and has been mentioned in some
portions of the Ant documentation, but it has only very recently been
brought into the installing Ant section of the manual. Previously, the
manual suggested that users manually download each of the library
dependencies for tasks that they are interested in. Hopefully the change
will make it easier for users to use more of the tasks available.

The fetch.xml is in the ANT_HOME directory which should be the current
directory. That detail should probably be added to the manual.

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#optionalTasks