ant-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: New ANT task coding guideline
Date Sun, 30 May 2010 18:27:28 GMT
On 27/05/2010 2:04 AM, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> Please have a look at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/autoconf/
> Maybe that could help.

But he still has a call to the setter even if it is autoconfed.

Note that setting spawn and resultproperty are mutually exclusive. If
you spawn a process you can never get its result. I'd therefore suggest
you separate this into two macrodefs. The spawning exec macrodef would
be straightforward, the other might work if you did this:

<macrodef name="call-process">
<attribute name="resultproperty" default="false"/>
<sequential>
<local name="result" />
<condition property="result" value="@{resultproperty}" >
<not>
<or>
<equals arg1="@{resultproperty}" arg2="false" casesensitive="false" />
<equals arg1="@{resultproperty}" arg2="off" casesensitive="false" />
<equals arg1="@{resultproperty}" arg2="no" casesensitive="false" />
</or>
</not>
</condition>
<exec spawn="false" resultproperty="result" failonerror="false" ...>
</sequential>
</macrodef>

Note that you can't use <isfalse> for the condition because it is the
negation of <istrue> rather than dealing with the false values directly.
This means that passing "test-property" to resultproperty would leave
the value unset. Checking for false values with equals solves the problem.

I haven't tested this to be sure it works, but if it works then so far
as I can see the only side effect should be that you can no longer spawn
with this macrodef because the setter on resultproperty sets a flag that
says spawning isn't possible. So long as you can separate spawning
processes from non-spawning processes in your build, I think this might
solve your problem.